The Berlin-based Molecular Biochemistry unit performs extensive physico-chemical and functional characterisation of Octapharma products in order to ensure their full nativity and functionality.
The unit’s cutting-edge methods support product development, regulatory compliance as well as life-cycle management (LCM) and underline the high quality of Octapharma’s protein-based pharmaceuticals.
- Physico-chemical characterisation of native protein structure by dynamic light-scattering, fluorescent dye-binding techniques and Fourier transform spectroscopy
- Proteomic methods including 2D-PAGE, DIGE and MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry
- Measurement of functional interactions by surface plasmon resonance and cell-based assays
- Analysis of posttranslational protein modifications
- Measurement of von Willebrand factor-mediated platelet-adhesion under flow conditions
- Fluorescent, atomic force and scanning electron microscopy
- Basic protein biochemical assays including HPLC, FPLC, ELISA, and FRET